Had a nest of small birds in the exhaust over the stove. I taped up the switch so I wouldn't turn it on and left them there. Don't need the exhaust anyway and they were looking for a home.
Posted 7:02 am, 05/21/2015
Make sure you have a chimney sweep company look at the chimney before you use it again. The nest may block the chimney and you could fill your house with carbon monoxide or the nest may catch on fire and you could have a chimney fire.
Posted 6:36 am, 05/21/2015
That's kinda what I was thinking. I don't want to mess around and hurt them or cause them to die. I have glass doors on the fireplace that I never open, so they can't get inside. I guess I have squatters. I'm curious about what type of birds they are though.
Posted 6:29 am, 05/21/2015
If there's babies I would leave them be until theyve left the nest ... Just block up.the entrance into your house so they cant come in.....
Posted 6:05 am, 05/21/2015
I'm pretty sure I just heard chirping coming from inside my chimney. Should I just leave them alone, or try to flush them out somehow? Any advice would be welcome.